Book Your Ski Trip Rental Now
(NAPSI)—“S’now foolin’”: Winter is coming. That means now’s a good time to book your ski vacation.
If you wait until the first snowfall, advise the experts at the world’s leading online vacation rental marketplace, HomeAway vacation rental pickings will be slim.
Vacation rentals are especially popular in mountain destinations, and ski season bookings spike in the fall. “Vacation homes that can sleep large groups go first,” explains HomeAway’s travel expert Melanie Fish. “If you’re traveling with a smaller group, there is more flexibility, but don’t wait too long to find that perfect ski-in/ski-out. By mid-November, half of the mountain homes rented on our site are already booked.”
Here are five reasons to book a vacation rental this winter:
1. Better value. The average vacation rental runs 1,850 square feet while the average hotel room is 325 square feet. For those keeping track at home, that’s more than five times the space of a hotel room. You can expect to get twice the space at half the cost per person when you rent a vacation home instead of a hotel room. Furthermore, extra space means room for your skis and snow gear.
2. Access to amenities that you don’t have to share with anyone. Perhaps one of the most overlooked perks of a vacation rental is that you often get the amenities and perks of some of the best hotels but without having to share them with anyone else. This can include anything from a hot tub to an outdoor fireplace. You don’t have to reserve it, pay extra or visit only during certain hours.
3. Unique accommodations. A standout of vacation rental travel is that it provides authentic experiences you can’t have just anywhere. Each rental comes with its own unique qualities. Want a bunk room for the kids? Or a ski-in/ski-out on your favorite run? HomeAway has filters that can help you find the right match according to where you’re going, when you’re going, how many people you’re traveling with and what extras you want, such as a fireplace or hot tub. Each vacation rental is plotted on a map, so you can see exactly where you’re staying.
4. Home cooking. A vacation rental is a home away from home and that can include home cooking. Most vacation rentals come with full kitchens, which can mean big savings, especially on a ski vacation. Cooking breakfast before heading out and packing a lunch for the mountain make it easier to enjoy that après-ski treat at a mountain restaurant.
5. Privacy. This comes in handy, especially during peak travel season. It’s your vacation, why share it?
Basically, the further out you book, the more options you’ll have and the greater chance that everyone in your group will get the accommodations and experience they want.
For more information or to view available rentals, visit www.HomeAway.com/skiseason.
Here’s a cool idea: Plan your ski vacation before the cold sets in and you’re less likely to get frozen out of choice accommodations.
Word Count: 492