Hints For Homeowners
Top Roofing Trends
(NAPSI)—While replacing your roof can be expensive, it may pay to know more about increasingly popular stone-coated metal. There are five good reasons:
1. Durability: Combining the strength of steel with the design versatility of crushed stone, stone-coated metal roofing offers a better-looking way to protect your investment. Thanks to its engineering, stone-coated metal stands up to harsh conditions, including fire, wind, hail, hurricanes, seismic activity, and extreme cold and heat.
2. Curb Appeal: Stone-coated metal comes in a collection of eye-catching contours and colors. Panels can resemble Mediterranean tile, hand-split wood shake, heavyweight shingle or even old-world Italian tile.
3. Long-Term Value: Stone-coated metal offers greater longevity—three—plus times more—and lower maintenance needs than most other roofing products. “In an average lifetime, a homeowner will need to replace an asphalt roof at least three times as often for the same cost of one stone-coated metal roof,” explained Mark Gallant, Vice President of New Product Development at DECRA Metal Roofing, the original stone-coated steel roofing system, with over 60 years of research and practical experience.
4. Keep It Cool: Metal roofing can help cool your home through air space between the panels and the roof deck, reducing heat transfer. Some roofing colors can also reflect unwanted solar heat.
5. Save Money: A stone-coated metal roof could net you a discount on your homeowners insurance. Check with your insurance agent.
Overall, a stone-coated metal roof can help your home look better, feel more comfortable while you live in it and be easier to sell when you want to.
“In an average
lifetime, a homeowner will need to replace an asphalt roof at least three
times as often for the same cost of one stone-coated metal roof, explained
Mark Gallant, Vice President of New Product Development at DECRA Metal
Things may be looking up for homeowners who replace their roof with stone-coated metal.
Word Count: 266